Saturday, April 5, 2008

Donate your IRS stimulus payment!

Can you believe it"? That's what they're calling them, "Stimulus Payments", not tax rebates, not kickbacks, but stimulus payments.


OK, Stimulate what? They don't explain that in the letter they sent me, informing me of the windfall of $300 -$600 I will receive presumably to stimulate me.
Well as soon as I got it I looked at my dick to see if there was any activity down there, nope. So What are They trying to stimulate? Ohhhhhhh my spending! They think that by sending me a little bit of money for free, that I will go out and spend it , and buy something I really don't need and that this is going so save the flailing economy.
Well not just me of course, but if they send every Tom Dick and Harry that made more than $3000.00 last year a $300.00 bonus check, then we'll all go out and buy stereos, and TVs and send all that money back up to the top of the pyramid. That's IF we spend it the way They want us too and not on something we need , like rent or groceries.
So this is really the opposite of Trickle Down Economics. This is sort of Trickle Up Economics, or as I like to call it Upchuck Economics. The theory being that the consumer is really strapped in these hard times and instead of spending money, they are either going into debt or (God Forbid) Saving Money. Well, with Upchuck Economics we "poke" (Stimulate) the "Consumer" with a small payment, in order to jump start (upchuck) their spending and hopefully, empty their savings account where the money really isn't helping Them, or make them go deeper into debt which is also good for the rich folks at the top.

So who are They that are benefiting from this plan.
Simple, The people at the top of the economic pyramid. The richest 300,000 people in the US who have more money than the rest of us combined.
Never mind that they are already rich beyond there own lifetimes, these people really worry when the flow of money slows down. And why is it slowing down? Because you can only squeeze a sponge so much. The sponge I'm talking about is the "Consumer"

They, need consumers to have jobs, to make money, to spend on services and goods to make the rich richer. On the other hand, they don't want to pay us too much because that would cut into the profits of the Big Rich corporations that are always trying to maximize profits by paying labor as little as possible.

This creates an interesting dynamic. The Rich want us to make money to spend but not so much that the wealth starts to transfer flow from the top 300,000 people to the rest of us. Also, by transferring basic services like health care to the private sector they keep that money in the pyramid instead of allowing it to flow into social services like education, health care and programs for the poor. Isn't that what taxes were supposed to be for?

This is sort of thinking that has us closing trauma centers and dumping state mental patients on skid row because "That's the best place for them". This is the sort of thinking that is indirectly siphoning off our tax payments and redirecting them directly into the private sector. And all the billions we spend on the War in Iraq. It seems quite a bit of it has wound up in the hands of Dick Cheney's pet company HaliBurton.

So what am I going to do with my stimulus payment? I'm going to donate it. That's right. I'm going to donate it to some program that will improve the lives of our nations poor. I'm going to do what Uncle Sam SHOULD be doing with it, instead of trying to stimulate me to empty my bank account for the already way too rich people at the top of the pyramid.

Once again, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" I hope you are too.
-BBM

No comments: